[Nix-dev] virtualboxGuestAdditions

germsteel germsteel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:58:01 CEST 2010

Hello!

I can't figure out how to get virtualboxGuestAdditions to work.  I also did
nix-env -i VirtualBox-GuestAdditions-3.1.8 always ending every update with
nixos-rebuild switch and reboot.
My window doesn't resize to fit the VB Host window.  No shared clipboard,
copy, paste -- did I miss something?

I have kde working.  Host  is OS X 10.6 guest NixOS pre22737 on VirtualBox
3.26.

Any hints would be appreciated; I have read the manual, looked at the
mailing list.

Cheers,

===================

# This is a generated file.  Do not modify!
# Make changes to /etc/nixos/configuration.nix instead.
{pkgs, config, ...}:
{
#  boot.initrd.kernelModules = [  "ata_piix" "ohci_hcd" "ehci_hcd" "ahci" ];
  boot.initrd.kernelModules = [  "ata_piix" ];

  boot.kernelModules = [  ];
  boot.loader.grub.device = "/dev/sda";
  nix.maxJobs = 1;
	fileSystems = [
		{ mountPoint = "/";
		  label = "nixos";
		}
	];

	swapDevices = [
		{ label = "swap"; }
	];

#  services.xserver.videoDriver = "vesa";
#  services.sshd.enable = true;

services.xserver = {
	enable = true;
	autorun = true;
	defaultDepth = 16;
	desktopManager.default = "kde4";
	desktopManager.kde4.enable = true;
	videoDriver = "virtualbox";

	};

boot.extraModulePackages = [
config.boot.kernelPackages.virtualboxGuestAdditions ];
environment.systemPackages = [
config.boot.kernelPackages.virtualboxGuestAdditions ];
environment.kdePackages = [