[Nix-dev] Patch to update CouchDB to 1.0.0 and howto upgrade on wiki

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:05:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

2010/7/22 David Guibert <david.guibert at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> On 22/07/2010 20:20, Cillian de Róiste wrote:
>  update=./pkgs/build-support/upstream-updater/update-upstream-data.sh
>  $update pkgs/servers/http/couchdb/default.nix
>
> By the way, it does the same job as you did ;-)

Oh, that would be sweet! I did try this first, but it didn't seem to
work. It produces the following:

$cat pkgs/servers/http/couchdb/src-for-default.nix
rec {
   version="./";
   name="unnamed-package-./";
   hash="";
   url="";
   advertisedUrl="./";

}

I wonder if it is because I'm not running NixOS, I just use Nix on top
of a Debian system, or perhaps there is a problem with the package
itself? After a few failed attempts (running the script from the svn
checkout instead of the actual pkgs dir etc.) it leads to the
following error "curl: (3) <url> malformed"
(full output attached). All failures seemed to produce the same
src-for-default.nix.

NIXPKGS_ALL wasn't set on my system so I set it manually:
export NIXPKGS_ALL=/nix/var/nix/gcroots/per-user/root/channels/nixpkgs_unstable/pkgs
before running ./pkgs/build-support/upstream-updater/update-upstream-data.sh
pkgs/servers/http/couchdb/default.nix

Any tips?

Thanks,
goibhniu