[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 22490 - eelco - in nixos/trunk: . lib lib/test-driver modules modules/config modules/installer/grub modules/services/databases modules/services/hardware modules/services/network-filesystems modules/services/network

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 6 11:46:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 07/06/2010 11:40 AM, Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:17, Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
>> Log:
>> * Merge the boot-order branch.  The main improvement is that it uses
>>  mountall to mount filesystems and starts certain jobs (e.g., X11,
>>  console logins, databases) only after all filesystems have been
>>  mounted.  If any filesystem fails to mount, an emergency shell is
>>  started to allow the user to fix the problem.
>
> How do it handle the nfs mount when I am not on the right network?
>
> I have a nfs mount when I am at my home but I guess this will cause a
> failure and start the emergency shell each time I am on another
> network or even out of range.

No, failing remote filesystems do not trigger a "mount-failed" event (and thus
the emergency shell) unless you set the "bootwait" mount option, e.g.

  fileSystems =
    [ { mountPoint = "/data";
        device = "server:/data";
        fsType = "nfs";
        options = "bootwait";
      }
    ];

Likewise, jobs that wait for the "filesystem" event do not take remote
filesystems into account that don't have the "bootwait" option.