[Nix-dev] Stuck on "Install NixOS on Linode" - bootstrap archives download

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 01:56:11 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

At least my assertions do a good job :)

Missing documentation? You're the first one asking for it.
The hint is hidden in that line of the documentation:
I agree that it should be put on the wiki or that the check should print
a hint. However if you've installed and used NixOS once you know what
must be done..

bash $mountPoint/nix/store/nixos-prepare-install # see --help

If you do so you see a list of actions. The checkout-sources is what you
want to run. However I think it assumes svn is in PATH.

The default list of actions doesn't contain it if you run the script
from the bootstrapping archive. So maybe this should be improved.

Also let me tell you that you're the first asking for it since I
comitted it.

If you're still stuck write again. About configuration.nix not being
found: You have to put it into /mnt/etc/nixos/configuration.nix

Because I used the script myself in the past I assume you got that
wrong. So check that again, please

Marc Weber