[Nix-dev] Re: Specifying licenses on Nix packages

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Feb 22 16:24:46 CET 2010

Hello Sander,

What are you replying to?

"Sander van der Burg - EWI"
<S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> writes:

> What I need now is consensus about license identifiers. If this
> consensus is ok to use, then I'll start modifying the incorrect
> license attributes when I encounter them.

Someone added a link to this page on the wiki:
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#SoftwareLicenses>.  The nice
thing is that it contains short names for many licenses, so it could
serve as a reference.

> The only thing I don't know yet is what Hydra does when the
> meta.license attribute is a list of strings instead of a list.

Sometimes one wants an ‘and’ (e.g., GnuTLS is LGPLv2+ but the
‘gnutls-cli’ program is GPLv3+), sometimes an ‘or’ (software that is
dual-licensed).  And that’s for the simplest cases.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.