[Nix-dev] Specifying licenses on Nix packages

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:58:44 CET 2010

2010/2/21 Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>:
> Go on with your proposal. I just raise the question whether this
> policy should be enforced to all packages.
I think we should try to get as close as possible to proper statement
of the licenses. That can become an issue, if nixpkgs/NixOS is ever to
be used in production, part of a product, where it has to be
distributed. Any help from 'the distribution' about the license
management should be appreciated.

I try to take the time to look for the licenses. And if I don't
understand them enough, at least I try to write a comment around the
meta.license.