[Nix-dev] Hydra

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Dec 9 15:00:33 CET 2010

Excerpts from Marco Maggesi's message of Thu Dec 09 12:29:03 +0100 2010:
> Hi,

In the past it was enough to set the mainainers.
I dont' have a Mac so I don't know about that platform.

> 2. What happens if a packages is flagged for compilation with hydra
> but some of its dependencies are not?  In particular?
What do you want a machine to do? It should get its job done.
So it should build the dependencies without additional order.

I don't run the buildfarm - so I can't say anything final.
In my opinion it should try to build the packages - and if hardware
requirements don't exist to get the build done the maintainers of the
buildfarm could ask for sponsoring - At least I would be willing to help
sponsoring hardware if that was an issue.

HTH.
Marc Weber