[Nix-dev] Hydra

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Thu Dec 9 12:29:03 CET 2010

Hi,

I would like to enable hydra compilation for a set of packages and I
have some questions.

1. Are there explicit policies for what should or should not compiled
with hydra?  E.g., I would like to make hydra compile derivations like
Coq and Isabelle and also a list of ocaml related software.  Would it
be a problem?

2. What happens if a packages is flagged for compilation with hydra
but some of its dependencies are not?  In particular?

3. Linux 32bit and OSX 32bit are the sole architecture I can test
directly in an easy manner.  So what should I do with the other
architectures?
- try first with platforms.all, wait for errors, then reduce the set
of platforms, or
- set only the compilation for the architecture where I already know
everything works nice.

Thanks,
Marco