[Nix-dev] 404 on nvi derivation

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:02:33 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 04:34:04PM -0600, Amos Wenger wrote:
> When trying to nixos-rebuild my system, a derivation failed to build,
> apparently it's "nvi" (somehow related to vi/vim? I'm not using it anyway)
> because of a 404 not found on a file.
>
> Here's the complete log: http://pastebin.com/YJSbWd84
>
> Hosting packages on googlesites seems dubious practice to me but.. oh well
> :) Is anyone 'responsible' for this particular nix expression?

'nvi' comes by default with nixos, to give a minimal vi editor at least. It is
not related to vim.

I added the nix expression. I think it's the second time we lose the package in
the URL referenced.
We have to find a new place distributing 'nvi'.
Any suggestion?

For reports, you can next time use "-j1" to avoid having parallelization.

Meanwhile, for your nixos, you can remove "pkgs.nvi" in your
nixos/modules/profiles/base.nix.

(I seem to have missed that thing about 'profiles' at all until now. I'll look
at it)