[Nix-dev] cmucl

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 27 12:02:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/27/2010 11:56 AM, maggesi at math.unifi.it wrote:

> I would like to run cmucl on NixOS but I get an error that I do not understand
> (my system is i686-linux).
>
> Try this:
>
> mkdir /tmp/cmucl; cd /tmp/cmucl
> wget
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cmucl/downloads/release/20b/cmucl-20b-pre1-x86-linux.tar.bz2
>
> tar xjf cmucl-20b-pre1-x86-linux.tar.bz2
> bin/lisp
>
> Then I get the following error:
> bash: bin/lisp: No such file or directory

This means that the ELF interpreter (/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2) cannot be found.
 You need to apply patchelf --set-interpreter to change the interpreter to the
one in our Glibc.  Look at some other binary packages such as Adobe Reader or
Google Earth as an example.

> Also if i try
> ldd bin/lisp
> I get
> /nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/maggesi/profile/bin/ldd: line 126: bin/lisp: No
> such file or directory

This also fails because "ldd" is a shell script that actually invokes the binary
(with some magic environment variables set) to get the dynamic library dependencies.