[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r23282 - in nixpkgs/branches/stdenv-updates/pkgs: development/libraries/glibc-2.11 development/libraries/glibc-2.12 top-level

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 20:50:35 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 03:26:51PM +0000, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Author: ludo
> Date: Fri Aug 20 15:26:50 2010
> New Revision: 23282
>
> Log:
> glibc 2.12.1.

Setting the glibc 2.12 as default involved lots of fixing (I
made stdenv-linux work for x86_64; quite a big effort), but
removing the 2.11 files left stdenv-updates not working on arm and mips.
I don't think they will work again until Mr. upstream decides to publish the glibc-ports 2.12.1.
glibc-ports.git has already a tag for that since two weeks ago, but I can't see
a tarball around anywhere.

I understand breaking a branch updating compells to fix things with urgency,
but.. did we have any urgency? :)

In git-svn I'm using a branch previous to your commits for arm/mips tests.
I'd have preferred still having the glibc-2.11 files there, and some 'if'
setting one glibc or the other at convenience for the platform.
Now I may work more 'in hiding'.

Regards,
Lluís.