[Nix-dev] Re: Re: fetch<dvcs> - optimization via local mirroring.

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Fri Aug 20 02:13:04 CEST 2010

Michael Raskin wrote:

>> How do you deal with chroot builds? Require adding "global DB dir" to
>> build- chroot-dirs?
>
> Why build a fix-output derivation in chroot?
Oops. My fault.

>> BTW, current nix-prefetch-git is MUCH more clever than fetchgit. As a
>> result, they produce different results ;).
>
> I'd call that a bug..
It seems that it is primarily used for hydra. I think that it should be
moved to hydra source code, and fetchgit should just fetch given revision
without any submodules etc. nix-prefetch-git in nix sources should be
replaced by git-nix-export command that exports the current git checkout and
prints fetchgit string to stdout. Any objections?