[Nix-dev] dvcs

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Wed Aug 11 23:55:31 CEST 2010

Hi!

There are quite a few DVCS systems, and we can discuss which one is better
forever. I want to see Nix migrated to some DVCS. I'm ready to learn new
DVCS but I don't want to discuss this question for another month (year?).

I propose the following simple protocol.

0. We agree on this protocol (or another simple protocol) and choose person
X.
1. Person X tells us day Y.
2. We discuss strong and weak sides of DVCS systems until day Y.
3. On day Y person X choses one of the DVCS systems.
4. We migrate to this system without further discussion.

Is it OK for you? Are there any candidates for person X? Eelco?

--
Yury Kudryashov