[Nix-dev] stdenv rebuild warning

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Thu Aug 5 13:05:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08/05/2010 12:19 PM, Peter Simons wrote:

> on Friday, August 6th I'll commit two small patches to 'trunk' that modify
> pkgs/stdenv/generic/setup.sh (see <87wrs8vuoh.fsf at write-only.cryp.to> for
> further details). The effect is going to be a re-build of all packages that
> depends on stdenv, which is pretty much everything. If you'd like to avoid
> doing that re-build, you might want to wait a day before updating your
> installation to make sure that Hydra is finished re-building the binary
> packages. Or, to put it differently, if you have urgent updates to perform
> on your system, it might be a good idea to do them now.

I'm currently looking into the libstdc++ / bootstrap-tools problems in the
stdenv branch.  If I don't see a quick solution, you can commit the parallel
build patches to the trunk.  Otherwise I'd prefer to merge the stdenv branch
ASAP instead.  (I don't see much reason to wait for Glibc 2.12 or whatever.)