[Nix-dev] nix channels and nix expressions

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Mon Sep 21 16:09:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

I would like to setup a nix environment on my MacBook (MacOSX 10.5.8
Leopard).
I compiled and installed nix successfully and I subscribed to the nix
channels

http://hydra.nixos.org/project/nixpkgs/channel/latest
http://hydra.nixos.org/project/nix/channel/latest

Everything is fine.

Now, I need to add some of my packages and for this I need the nixpkgs
expression
corresponding to the installed packages.
I looked inside .nix-defexpr but I noticed that the original
expressions are
no more distributed along the the channels.

I suppose that this should be done via subversion, but in this way I
don't know how
to obtain the expressions corresponding to the latest successful build.
Is that actually possible?

Thanks,
Marco