[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 17118 - viric - nixpkgs/branches/stdenv-updates/pkgs/development/libraries/gmp

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Sep 15 10:27:46 CEST 2009

Saluton!

Llus Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:

>    https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=17118&view=rev

[...]

> Fixing gmp building in Fedora's gcc

[...]

> +  # -fno-strict-aliasing is for a gcc 4.3.2 bug (the compiler in this debian)
> +  CFLAGS = "-O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing";

That sounds wrong to me.  If it’s needed for a bug in Fedora’s GCC, then
conditionalize it somehow so that non-Fedora users don’t use those
CFLAGS and provide a pointer to the exact bug report.

GMP’s ‘configure’ should already choose the appropriate CFLAGS in the
general case, so we should not try to substitute those.

Thanks,
Ludo’.