[Nix-dev] Re: Nix Logo.

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Oct 26 01:06:54 CET 2009

Hi Nicolas,

sorry, I've missed your last pic until now.

Excerpts from Nicolas Pierron's message of Mon Oct 26 00:40:09 +0100 2009:
> As I don't see anymore complains, I suggest to adopt nix-6.png .

One last suggestion:
The logo is nice. However I'd like to see a simplified version with less
elements. I'd like to compare nix-6.png with a nix-kiss.png.
How does it look like if you move the snow crystal edges on top of the
lambda and remove the snow-flake lines alltogether?
How does it look if you use onle one of those wings instead of 2 ?
On the other that's what nix is about: Assemble a diversity forming a
target derivation. And if you look at nix-store -q --tree the resulting
tree is much more complex than your logo :)

A little bit like this:

     O = O
         =
         O =O
           =
            =
            ==
           =  =
          =    =
         =      =
      O = O    O = O
       =           =
    O = O         O = O

> PS: mailing list is not an ideal method of communication for such
> problems. related issues:
> - commit policy (Marc Weber, does not get any answer)
I really forgot about this one. Live goes on.
> - the getAttr & attrPath syntax (no decision made)
> - merging modular-nixos (the only way to get feedback is to say that
> we are doing it)
Yes and no. No answer usually means "I'm not interested / I don't care /
I don't have time". In all 3 cases there is not much you can do, correct ?

Can you send me your .svg file ? I'd like to play with it.
Eg I'd like to see how it looks like when two lambdas are used to form
the snow flake.

Maybe you also want to make the feet at the bottom left a little bit
longer so that you can fit the whole logo into a circle?
I get it :-) snow flakes are always irregular.

Marc Weber