[Nix-dev] Re: Nix Logo.

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 00:40:09 CET 2009

As I don't see anymore complains, I suggest to adopt nix-6.png .

I am a bit suspicious because only 2 persons have answer the "Call for
Opinion" among all developers.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:33, Nicolas Pierron
<nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:48, Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Excellent idea!  :-)
>>
>> Nicolas Pierron
>> <nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Thus:
>>> - Nixpkgs can have a logo where the snow-flake appear on a "package"
>>> box from where other icons are coming out (firefox, gimp, ...).
>>> - NixOS logo can show the Gnu and Linux (or BSD) logo joined by a set
>>> of snow-flakes.  Snow-flakes have an hexagonal structure which make
>>> them """ modular """ because you can cover a surface without holes
>>> with snow-flakes.
>>
>> I like the snow flake idea, and the lambda snow flake you posted
>> (nix-3.png).  I’m no logo designer either, though.
>
> Good because I have more variations of this one.
>
>> For NixOS, I’m afraid having Tux and a gnu and snow flakes on the same
>> picture wouldn’t be visually pleasant.
>
> Or at least with Tux, or Beastie (BSD daemon).

PS: mailing list is not an ideal method of communication for such
problems. related issues:
- commit policy (Marc Weber, does not get any answer)
- the getAttr & attrPath syntax (no decision made)
- merging modular-nixos (the only way to get feedback is to say that
we are doing it)

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/