[Nix-dev] nixos-install --show-trace

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:52:14 CEST 2009

Hi guys,
I've finally managed to get a machine to run nixos on again. It took
some doing. Anyway, I have like this old configuration from months ago
and it obviously doesn't work because development has moved on. So I'm
trying to work it out but I keep getting the (use '--show-trace' to
show detailed location information) Message when I use nixos-install.
Now I should be able to workout what I've got wrong in
configuration.nix, however if I use : nixos-install --show-trace I
don't get a show trace.
Would it be possible to implement that please? Would make installing a
bit easier; no?

Also I downloaded the latest nixos kde cd from the home page and it's
actually very cool. :)
Problems I encountered so far are :
I use opera web browser and when I click on the link to the iso, opera
opens it up as a web page instead of downloading the file.
The radeon card was detected as vesa.
The display manager still looks like xdm, so no kdm working yet or is
it just not used on the cd yet?
wpa_supplicant isn't on the cd although wireless tools are (iwconfig)
So creating wpa wireless connections is impossible without first
downloading wpa_supplicant.

Anyway, looking good and I really like the way it's coming together.

Thanks,
Tony