[Nix-dev] Re: ./configure errors in Perl

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Jun 23 22:40:21 CEST 2009

Hi Tony,

first of all, thank you for the detailed response. There is something I
have to admit, though. :-| The errors I saw occurred during *bootstrap*.
At the time, I thought that the Perl being compiled package would end up
being the final one, but in fact, later in the process, Perl is compiled
again, this time with a proper glibc and gcc. Unfortunately, I didn't
capture the output, so I don't know whether the errors occurred in that
compilation too. After all, there's a chance that these problems occur
only during bootstrap. I'll need to run the build again. Once that's
done, I'll post my findings.

I'm sorry for the premature bug report.

Take care,
Peter