[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 15878 - eelco - nixos/branches/modular-nixos/modules/installer/cd-dvd

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Fri Jun 5 17:42:04 CEST 2009

Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 17:10, Eelco Dolstra<e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
>> Author: eelco
>> Date: 2009-06-05 15:10:15 +0000 (Fri, 05 Jun 2009)
>> New Revision: 15878
>>
>> You can view the changes in this commit at:
>>   https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=15878&view=rev
>>
>> Added:
>>   nixos/branches/modular-nixos/modules/installer/cd-dvd/installation-cd.nix
>>

> You cannot add it in the module directory because you are setting a
> lot of options and all modules contained in the "modules" directory
> will be imported the next time the gen-module-list script will be
> used.
>
> What I suggest you is to:
> - create a installer-modules directory inside nixos.
> - add a " parent-modules.nix " which only contains:

Actually, this just suggests that the gen-module-list approach isn't such a good
idea.  It seems very artificial to break up the modules/ hierarchy just because
we don't want certain modules to be included by default and we don't have a way
to tell the script about it.

Is it really such a bother to add a single, trivial line to
modules/module-list.nix when you add a new module?