[Nix-dev] Bootstrap tools aren't statically linked.

Jeevakan Suresh Jeevakan.Suresh at macquarie.com
Mon Jun 1 02:30:15 CEST 2009

> However there are alternatives: Use another machine and prebuilt your
set of bootstrapping tools there.
A variation on this is what I ended up using. I simply changed /bin/sh
on my machine to a statically linked binary, and then proceeded to
bootstrap nix. Once you get out of the bootstrap phase, nix no longer
sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and it all hums along nicely.

Thanks for the help!