[Nix-dev] Re: Anyone packaging openoffice 3?

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Jan 27 14:00:55 CET 2009

Saluton!  ;-)

Lluís Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:

> I just noticed that openoffice.org-2.4.1 doesn't build in my nix-debian machine.

AFAICT, it works on NixOS (I have it under
/nix/store/z5bi7p58bbwpfc74idyjg3dpvsj6p7l6-openoffice.org-2.4.1).

As for upgrading the Nix expression to version 3, I think what you could
do is the following:

  1. Upgrade the URL, SHA256, etc.

  2. Test the very beginning of the test, to make sure that, e.g.,
     patches apply, that `configure' terminates successfully, etc.

  3. Commit the expression and wait for feedback from the build farm.
     :-)

That's how I proceeded for 2.4.1 and it worked pretty well.

Now, you might want to keep the 2.4 expression in the repo alongside the
3.0 expression to minimize disruption.

Thanks,
Ludo'.