[Nix-dev] Re: Merging fix-style branch into the trunk ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 02:13:15 CET 2009

> (BTW, merging this branch will blur revision history, which is
> unpleasant.  I would recommend against using git-svn(1) for merges, and
> so does the man page, but I guess it's too late now.)
It's never too late. Another branch could be forked before the merge was
done. The merge could be done by using svn. Instead of fixing the
conflicts again you could copy over the merge result from git..

However this problem will occur more often in the future ?

Some month ago I thought it doesn't matter wether nix keeps using
subversion. My mind has changed. I think it would be great if we could
start listing pro / cons   git vs subversion..

Why? I think there will be more and more branches in the future.
I still can live with subversion. I'd like to know how others think
about this. I don't want to force anything at the moment.

About testing services: pierron, do you think you could make a short
list of services and their status? I think some of us could test some
services and verify that they still do work.

Marc Weber