[Nix-dev] Rolling back system generations

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:47:48 CET 2009

Hello,

What should I do, if I want to roll back to an older system
generation? afaik, it's not only about changing the profiles/system
link to point to another generation, but there are also files in /etc
that should be rebuilt.

Maybe the best way is *booting* the older generation, and then roll
back the profile (maybe using nix-env)? I understand that the boot
process updates all files in /etc as needed for the chosen generation.

How do you roll back a system configuration?

Regards,
Lluís.