[Nix-dev] Re: Nix as OS for normal program development

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Mon Feb 16 09:49:19 CET 2009

Hello,

Lluís Batlle <viriketo at gmail.com> writes:

> I've noticed that using "make install" after cmake, I get things like:
> -- Installing: /home/viric/..../bin/tdisp
> -- Removed runtime path from "/home/viric/..../bin/tdisp"

Does that mean that it's clearing `RUNPATH' from the executable?

> So, in short, I don't like the working flow I have in nix. What do you
> suggest? Can you advise something like that? I need to work in a nixos
> system, and in a debian with nix.

To be clear, what is it exactly that you dislike?

FWIW, I work mostly on C projects, so my `.bashrc' exports
C_INCLUDE_PATH=$HOME/.nix-profile/include and
LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/.nix-profile/lib (info "(gcc) Environment
Variables"), which allows me to transparently compile and link programs
that use libraries from my profile.

Thanks,
Ludo'.