[Nix-dev] Java related problems.

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:33:15 CET 2009

Hello here,

using 'dwm' as my window manager (I don't know if it's relevant), two
java programs don't work well for me, unless using:
export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

The java programs are 'freemind' and 'thinkingrock'.

I found that someone wrote a wrapper for freemind, which throws away
the environment for freemind:
#!/bin/sh
# using pure env has removed the segfault for me :-)
exec env -i  sh -c "
.... etc.

'freemind' works well for me without that wrapper, using the
AWT_TOOLKIT env var (I avoid the wrapper so java gets that var).

Do you know about this problem? Can you suggest any solution? May I
remove the freemind wrapper in nixpkgs? How well do those programs
work for you?

Regards,
Lluís.