[Nix-dev] Reorganization of the nixpkg file hierarchy

John Altobelli acocaracha at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 22:16:01 CET 2009

I didn't know SVN could control links and tags, something to read
about.  Could it be set up to search for multiple tags (ie application
media) and put a link in the app-media for a package if it had both
(for the gentoo hierarchy)?  I agree having multiple trees is a good
idea.

I still don't really understand the os-specific folder.  "Application"
was meant as more of an example and I certainly would agree that not
every package that isn't a library should be considered an
application.  However, I don't feel that the organization should be
based on operating system or on a package's dependancies.  It should
simply be based upon the function of the code.

As for the default.nix and how to standardize how to write derivations
that really should be saved for another email, I probably shouldn't
have brought it up.