[Nix-dev] kdepim-4.2.0 cmake_install

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 5 11:36:47 CET 2009

Hi,

Andrew Morsillo wrote:

> I am trying to build kdepim-4.2.0, but am encountering a problem
> during the install phase.

Hm, if you have updated Nix expressions for KDE 4.2, please send them to me (or
commit them).  I was just looking into updating to KDE 4.2 :-)

> Which lead to the CMakeLists.txt for libkdepim where i found:
>
> install(FILES interfaces/org.kde.addressbook.service.xml
> interfaces/org.kde.mailtransport.service.xml DESTINATION
> ${KDE4_DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR})

Perhaps here you can override the value of KDE4_DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR to
$out/whatever (i.e. the kdepim prefix).  (I don't know cmake, but with make you
can just do this by setting the stdenv's makeFlags or makeFlagsArray variables.)
 Then at least it should compile.

How you actually get kdepim to find those files at runtime is another matter.
Hopefully it searches for them under one of the $KDEDIRS, $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS or
$XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variables.  In that case it's just a matter of adding
kdepim to the search path.  For instance, in NixOS $KDEDIRS looks like:

/home/eelco/.nix-profile:/nix/var/nix/profiles/default:/nix/store/d5w3y6pxjsbq5w9lbjjnr5md3h2akq2r-kdebase-3.5.10:/nix/store/d781s6sfa8alh3c6pdl5ai04954slki5-kdelibs-3.5.10

If not, then there's hopefully some other environment variable...