[Nix-dev] nixpkgs' glibc 2.9

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 26 16:02:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

Lluís Batlle wrote:

> I see the origin of the glibc-2.9 in nixpkgs comes from a tarball in
> the nixos.org server. Then there are two or three patches in nixpkgs
> applied over that.
> How does that tarball map to gnu's glibc-2.9 release?

I'm surprised to see that there are official Glibc tarball releases again.  They
stopped making those at some point.  Everybody was just supposed to do a CVS
checkout of the appropriate tag and make their own tarball.  (Yes, really.)

Note that the Glibc 2.9 tarball on the GNU server is from 2009-02-26, while 2.9
was "released" on 2008-11-13.  So they made some retroactive tarballs.

Anyway, this is progress :-)