[Nix-dev] Re: Tracking upstream releases

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:30:29 CEST 2009

Yeah, you can use wget to spider the repo and, pipe it's output to
grep and then use an if version string = greater than current version:
use it statement. I used a nice example of something like that when I
was tracking kernel releases without using nix or rss.
Spidering rss feeds will work for a good number of projects.
http://kernel.org/kdist/rss.xml is an excellent example of how
releases can be announced; although not everyone does it.

Thanks,
Tony