[Nix-dev] Merging the modular-nixos branch

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:32:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:13, Eelco Dolstra<e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Michael Raskin wrote:
>> For the record: there are also firmware options like ipw2200 wifi
>> firmware that need configuration changes. Instead of specifying options
>> like enableIntel2200firmware one needs to require a hardware module from
>> modules/hardware/...
>
> Yes.  I think it's better to bring back the enable... options for consistency
> with all other modules.

Then you should probably revise the option name

networking.enableIntel2200firmware -> hardware.Intel2200.enable

Including all hardware modules will cause a manual explosion (like
"services" is current doing).  We should find another way to present
options.

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron