[Nix-dev] Merging the modular-nixos branch

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 3 16:02:17 CEST 2009

Hi all,

As far as I'm concerned we can merge the modular-nixos branch into the trunk.
It seems stable enough now, there's almost no development on the trunk anymore,
and I keep forgetting to backport necessary fixes from the branch to the trunk ;-)

The only problem I can think of is that there are some incompatible changes to
the options.  Notably, instead of

  services.xserver.sessionType = "kde4";

you have to say

  services.xserver.desktopManager = {
    default = "kde4";
    kde4 = { enable = true; };
  };

BTW, I'm in favour of making KDE 4 the default desktop manager.