[Nix-dev] Nix meeting in Utrecht: September 10

Pjotr Prins pjotr2008 at thebird.nl
Sat Sep 20 10:52:19 CEST 2008

Main item: We ate Turkish pizza

But, more seriously, Eelco is probably mulling over the implications.
Armijn and I made a case for keeping packages simple - so non
functional-programmers can understand what each package does. Full
abstraction is contentious if no one understands what is going on.

The other important topic was a set of use cases we defined. These can
act as handles for documentation. Typical use case: 'How does Nix
support software development' - i.e. how does it appeal to software
developers. Another one was: 'How does one support other package
managers, like Python eggs, or Ruby gems on top of Nix'. Eelco has the
full use case list - and I think it will be presented when his current
work pressure lapses somewhat.

Pj.