[Nix-dev] scilab ?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 01:13:14 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 22:37, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> Maybe we should add a
> meta {
>        tags = [ "app" "sci" "math" "graphics"];
> }
>
> attribute. Than it would be no longer that important where the packages
> are. I'd prefer this because sometimes package belongs to more than one
> category

This is interesting because this offers the opportunity to have some
filter operations based on tags.

nix-env -t linux -qa \*  ## display all linux specific packages
nix-env -t '! linux && lib' -qa \* ## display all non linux specific libraries

How should we store nix-expressions in nixpkgs if there is no special order?

--
Nicolas Pierron
- If you are doing something twice then you should try to do it once.