[Nix-dev] difficulties in making glade derivation

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 01:50:25 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:25:44PM -0500, adam vogt wrote:
> I'm trying to make a derivation for glade, but icons such as
> 'widget-gtk-frame' are missing.

Hi Adam. I've had similar trouble with pitivi.
One quick and dirty way is to run strace and see that it looks in
~/.icons and ~/.local/icons etc.. You can then copy the icons found in
/nix/store/*-glade*/share/glade3/pixmaps/hicolor/* into one of those
locations.  ( ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor ) and try again.

I've posted to the gtk mailinglist. Hopefully we find a better way to do
this in the future.

Good luck
Marc Weber