[patch] Re: [Nix-dev] cryopid package

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Nov 14 12:56:02 CET 2008

Sorry for the delay, my first attempt to send this mail didn't get
through.. (I still had this mail in my send folder..)

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 06:04:58PM +0100, Marco Maggesi wrote:
>  Hi!
>
>  I'm  proud to announce my second Nix packages: CryoPID.
>  CryoPID is a process freezer for Linux (http://cryopid.berlios.de/).
>
>  The patch is attached.
>
>  I have tryed my best to adhere to the Nixpkgs coding standards.
>  On this regard, any comment is welcomed.
You've done very well but missed a small thing:
if you compare your builtins.system with the stdenv.system (eg used in
opera expressions you note there is a difference. I'm not totally sure
what builtins.system does. But I think using stdenv.system is better in
case we ever really manage to start doing cross compliation it maybe
makes a small difference.

Also your let
src32 = ..
src64 = ..

in ..
  src = if then ..

seems to be more code than just writing it within the derivation.
(for example see applications/networking/browsers/opera/default.nix)
But that's up to your personal taste.

So just tell me wether I may make that small (builtins -> stdenv).system
change and commit your expression or wether you want to change more than
that.

Sincerly
Marc Weber