[Nix-dev] Re: Merging haskell stuff - missing features?

Andres Loeh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Tue May 20 16:10:59 CEST 2008

Here's where I think the source code related to the items from my
previous mail should go:

(1) affects the ghc nix expression, should go to

   development/compilers/ghc

(2) is build support for Cabal packages, so I think it should go to

   build-support/haskell/cabal.nix

   Possibly, some of this code can be used by non-cabal Haskell
   packages and can therefore be split off into another file in the
   same directory.

(3) requires to change the user interface builder in

   build-support/buildenv

   Also requires to adapt the Cabal builder (2) accordingly to
   install suitable nix-support files.

(4) are auto-generated expressions for several Haskell libraries, so
   should probably go to

   libraries/haskell/...

   Probably all to one file, because it's all output from one program, and
   that keeps it more maintainable.

(5) requires only to adapt files that have been listed in other
   points.

Cheers,
  Andres