[Nix-dev] Re: LinuxQuestions distribution subforum for NixOS.

Andres Loeh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 02:15:41 CEST 2008

Marc,

I'd appreciate if you could wait a little while longer with such an
announcement,
until we've finally merged the different Haskell approaches. I know, I should
long have started working on this, but other things keep interfering. Anyway,
I'd prefer to give Haskellers an optimal experience, especially if we're going
to advertise with it.

Regarding the other topics:

(forums) A good forum community can be really great (see Gentoo), but
personally, I don't use them much. I find it very inconvenient to have
to use different interfaces for all the different communities I'm in.
I prefer mailing lists.

(docs) The current documentation isn't bad. Eelco has done a great job
documenting a large part of Nix. Compare this to lots of other
software. However, nothing wrong with improving it, and a lot of
things are missing (nixpkgs indeed). I'd just ask not to throw away
everything that's already there, but instead to improve it.

Cheers,
  Andres