[Nix-dev] what about merging upstart-jobs and services?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Mar 14 10:42:50 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 04:35:20PM +0100, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>  Marc Weber wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using services without upstart-jobs?
>
>  Yes.  The Subversion server on svn.cs.uu.nl uses the services tree but
>  doesn't run NixOS.  And until a few weeks ago there were a bunch of other
>  machines as well (the UU JIRA and Twiki servers).

I see. services is basically a bunch of
xy/bin/xy start / stop/ restart etc
script files the way most distros are using it?

Because those services are wrappers could we move them to all-packages
then?

Why? Having an extra SVN directory which at a different relative place
in /etc/nixos is a little bit cumbersome

Marc