[Nix-dev] What about wmii like events ? (I'd suggest new-valid-storepat and gc-collected-store-path)

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 00:03:12 CEST 2008

wmii (the window manager from suckless.org) has a feature I like a lot:
It emits events on selection and tag switching etc.. So it's easy to
listen and implement arbitrary features.

For nix I can image two features (after a new valid store path has been
registered):
a) back it up (using nix-copy-closure or such to a list of remote-machines)
b) create a hash so you can check later wether any file has changed
Maybe there are a lot of other fancy things such as loggin activity
etc.. ?

How would you like this feature? Or can this already be done otherwise?

Marc