[Nix-dev] Re: GNU adns build failure

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Dec 19 16:12:31 CET 2008

Hi Ludovic,

 > http://www.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/software/nixos/adns-1.4.log.gz

my guess is that chroot environment lacks /etc/resolv.conf -- a file
ADNS reads in order to determine the address of the nameserver. In the
absence of this file, the regression tests appear to use 172.18.45.2 and
172.18.45.6 by default, but neither of those addresses actually exists.
That ought to make those tests fail.

Now, I'd like to test this, but for some reason I have never managed to
compile anything whatsoever in a chroot environment. My nix doesn't seem
to be up to it and I have no clue why. Anyway, it's likely that those
errors can be resolved by creating a proper /etc/resolv.conf inside of
the chroot environment. Is that a possibility?

Take care,
Peter