[Nix-dev] How to install on Debian based system?

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:16:04 CET 2007

2007/11/11, troels knak-nielsen <troelskn at gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I don't see any debian packages on the web site. I've tried building
> from source, and apparently it completes, but I can't use the tools
> from the command line, so I guess something goes wrong. I also tried
> using alien to convert the feodora core RPM to a debian package, but
> no dice.
>
> Does anybody know of a debian package, which works?

I don't know if it exists a debian package.

After compiling it by hand (which is what i always do on debian,
because of non-root access),

Can you see any tools in your PATH ? have you add "source
/nix/etc/profile.d/nix.sh" in you default shell resource script ?

Do you have error when running tools ? Problems to access the database
? have you check the group-id of the directory /nix/store ?

--
Nicolas Pierron