[Nix-dev] Nix on Debian, curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'nix.cs.uu.nl'

Eelco Dolstra eelco at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jun 13 23:03:51 CEST 2007

Christian Wagner wrote:

> curl often gives an error when trying to download source-code from within a
> nix-expression:
>
>      curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'nix.cs.uu.nl'
>
> This only happens with Nix expressions on Debian Etch, but never happens in
> NixOS.

This is very strange.  We had a bug like this on x86_64 a while ago, which
turned out to be due to a bug in dietlibc.  But I haven't seen it on other
platforms.

There is nothing to set up about curl in Nix, it just uses the normal
/etc/resolv.conf etc. (or talks to the nscd daemon if you have it running).

--
Eelco Dolstra | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~eelco