[Nix-dev] -qa '*' ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jul 19 14:58:22 CEST 2007

'*' suggests that glob patterns or regular expressions are possible.

I'd like to implement them because I'm using very often | grep ...
Is there a regulare expression library which you would prefer beeing
used?

boost seems to have one,
PCRE is another option..

I think there are many more.

Or do you think simple glob like patterns are enogh  ( *= any character
any number of occurencies )

What about making the selector ('*' or name) optional defaulting to '*' ?
nix-env already says:
warning: you probably meant to specify the argument '*' to show all packages

Is there a good reason for this implemented behaviour?

Marc Weber