[Nix-dev] What about introducing post install scripts / what about Lambdabot listening trace?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 19:25:27 CEST 2007

18:42 < MarcWeber> niksnut: Your idea creating wrappers is great. I'll introduce a
                   combination:  $out/nix-support/post-install/<a lot of executable
                   scripts> Those exectuable scripts create the wrappers based on
                   many single files or can concatenate env vars found in many
                   single files installed by packages. Is this name fine?
18:43 -!- c0d3s [n=chatzill at a80-100-4-199.adsl.xs4all.nl] has quit ["Chatzilla
          0.9.74-rdmsoft [XULRunner 1.8.0.4/0000000000]"]
18:43 < niksnut> MarcWeber: these post-install scripts would be run by the user
                 environment builder?

The answer I want to put off my head is just
MarcWeber: "Yes" ;)

What do you think about inviting a bot at #trace ?
Lambdabot has some nice features such as
@tell <nick> <message>

The message will be shown as soon the nick joins and becomes active.

Any comments?

Marc