[Nix-dev] Using a different mirror

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 11:27:56 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 10:13:58PM -0700, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:
>    Since I'm in the US, it's a bit more efficient for me to download
>    something like the linux kernel from a US mirror instead of the default
>    German mirror. Is there any way to have this be handled automatically?

Sure.. I think gentoo already does this for sourceforge mirrors etc..
There are a lot of ftp file search engines ( using a hash you would know
that you got the wrong one)..
There are different services such as http://findfiles.com/ as well.
I think d4k has a list of about 6 .. But I would have to recheck.
So yes, it is possible but I don't know about wether it has been
implemented yet.

Marc