[Nix-dev] 64 bits nix build

Eelco Dolstra eelco at cs.uu.nl
Tue Dec 12 22:07:20 CET 2006

Hi Christof!

Christof Douma wrote:

> I am a proud owner of an amd64 machine and wanted to install nix.
> I downloaded the latest stable release (0.10.1) and tried to install it.
>
> And failed on a segmentationfault of some aterm tests.
>
> I found a commented line in the externals Makefile which applied an
> aterm-64.patch. I uncommented this line and had compile errors:

The patch requires autoreconf to be re-run on the ATerm sources to regenerate
configure (which is why the patch isn't applied by default).

Alternatively you can grab this ATerm tarball:

  http://losser.st-lab.cs.uu.nl/~eelco/dist/aterm-2.4.2-fixes.tar.bz2

which has the 64-bit patches as well as some GCC 4.1-related fixes.  Or you can
use the latest Nix pre-release

  http://nix.cs.uu.nl/dist/nix/nix-0.11pre7323/nix-0.11pre7323.tar.bz2

which contains the patched ATerm library.

--
Eelco Dolstra | http://www.cs.uu.nl/~eelco