[Nix-dev] 64 bits nix build

Christof Douma christof at douma.eu.org
Tue Dec 12 21:31:14 CET 2006

Hi,

I am a proud owner of an amd64 machine and wanted to install nix.
I downloaded the latest stable release (0.10.1) and tried to install it.

And failed on a segmentationfault of some aterm tests.

I found a commented line in the externals Makefile which applied an
aterm-64.patch. I uncommented this line and had compile errors:

---------------------
Making all in aterm
[...]
encoding.h:13:20: error: config.h: Onbekend bestand of map
afun.c: In function ‘resize_table’:
afun.c:77: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
afun.c:89: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
afun.c: In function ‘AT_initSymbol’:
afun.c:148: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
afun.c: In function ‘ATmakeAFun’:
afun.c:417: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
afun.c: In function ‘AT_freeSymbol’:
afun.c:478: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
afun.c: In function ‘AT_isValidSymbol’:
afun.c:518: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
make[4]: *** [libATerm_prof_a-afun.o] Fout 1