[Nix-dev] [RFC 004] Add Replace Unicode Quotes draft

Tomasz Czyż tomasz.czyz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:41:49 CEST 2017

> On 17-03-28 10:03pm, zimbatm wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > RFC 004 is now ready for wider reviews if you care to take a look:
> >
> > https://github.com/NixOS/rfcs/pull/4
>
> For posterity, the responses are exactly
> the kind of bikeshedding I feared would come out of RFCs.
>
> But maybe it is for the best?
> I don’t know.

I think it's valuable, right now some of the decisions are hidden and some
of them must be rediscovered. With RFC, when someone asks about certain
thing, you can says, "hey, you have RFC, read it, that's why" - you have
track of all discussion in one place rather.
Alternative is to have discussions distributed over github issues, mailing
list and irc channel, IMHO RFC is very good decision log.

> --
> Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
> Q: Why is this email five sentences or less?
> A: http://five.sentenc.es
> May take up to five days to read your message. If it’s urgent, call me.

Tomasz Czyż